Monday, October 19, 2009

October "onion layers"





































the color & smell
reminds me of
one of the many
thrift stores you
can find in the city
(purple paper, banana)


Fall
The feel of Chicago
Fall in Chicago
September, October, November
(orange paper, unknown scent)


This reminds me of
when I had
too much seasoning on my food
when I was 5...and threw up.
(vellum, paprika)


A large juicy Grafton
Burger with a nice big
Pickle. Mmm.
(beige paper with patterns, dill)


science beakers, Kool-Aid,
mercury, & Chicago dogs.
Go Rt. 66!
Chicago to L.A.
(pale blue paper, banana)


I took a paper
making course,
and I learned I have
a love of pulp...
(orange paper, unknown scent)





Yummy onions
in my tummy.
Can't eat anything
without them.
They make me cry,
but the taste of
them is always
a delight.
(blue-gray paper, onion salt)


Finding something you've
been looking for in a
place you never thought it
would be, and opening your mind
to a world of possibilities...
10/9/09
(lavendar paper, coconut)


I think Chicago is brilliant.
It is alive + vibrant.
The pulse of the city draws
you in -- a heartbeat of life.
-- Shan
(gray paper, banana chip)


The sun beats on me
every morning like
the bitter taste of
pineapple.
(turquoise paper, pineapple)




Note: the italicized words refer to the colors / types of paper used, as well as the the scents of the pieces of paper on which those lines were written.

No comments:

Post a Comment