Wednesday, June 24, 2009

June "onion layers"



Here are some lines of writing that people have written on pieces of paper, affixed to the surface of "Putting Layers on the Onion" --

I am at the window of the first apartment we had in Chicago -- a third floor apartment with a row of floor to ceiling French doors. I am looking down the Rogers Park Street. I miss the pine trees. This paper looks and smells a little bit like them.

* * *

Chicago is a very good city with very good food, and the streets are very busy.

* * *

Does the orange line rumbling away smell like licorice?

* * *

a raisin is a grape that gets sweeter under blue sky -- I'm here 10 years

* * *

life of a busy street

* * *

Rode my bike down Diversey. A balloon tied to the back. We met on the bike path, riding south toward the big building. At least a full hour before sunrise. In the dark thousands of us swarming to organize. When the sun came up we were sitting at the harbor. The water calm.

* * *

Walking home hung over at 6 a.m., and smelling of cocoa. It made me feel sicker.

* * *

My sister solves the mystery! We are under the tracks, rusted & loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment